inclusive/exclusive

Rory M Larson rlarson at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Dec 14 14:09:17 UTC 2005

> Rory, I would be happy to hear from more speakers on this issue, but my
> experience is exactly as you put it at the end of your message: 'She and
> went' would have to be unyaNpi.

Thanks, David.  That clarifies it somewhat to me.  I think our experience
in Omaha, dubious as things may be by now, is more in agreement with
Carolyn's experience with Osage; i.e. WE-singular seems to mean 'myself
plus any one other person', whether 'you' or 's/he'.

Perhaps this is a difference between Dakotan and Dhegihan?

Rory