Happy Holidays

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 19:10:05 UTC 2005

  Hi all,

  N¹pi Nithani Phi! (day + big + good)

  Okay, I'm not sure if this is exactly how "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas" was said in Biloxi, but N¹pi Nithani ("day big") was apparently "Merry Christmas" according to Dorsey, so I figured "day big good" was a good approximation.

  New Year was apparently N¹pi Nithani Towe ("day big French") or "Frenchman's Sunday" per Dorsey's translation.  (Towe is also the verb "to exchange or trade.")

  Happy Holidays!

  Dave