Assiniboine and Stoney.

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Wed Feb 16 18:59:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Parks, Douglas R. wrote:
> Maybe you people are too new to the field, but Allan Taylor addressed
> this very issue in a paper delivered at the AAA ca. 1980.  It isn't
> published, so perhaps John can get a copy of it from Allan and maybe
> scan it for web "publication."  Allan cites data, not hunches.

It came out in the Siouan and Caddoan Newsletter that David Rood used to
send out.  I actually looked for my copy of it last night, but I haven't
located it yet.  I'll keep looking.  I don't suppose it's one John Boyle
has on file?

I remember Allan addressed the issue of Cree influence, and I think he
might have been favorable, but I don't recall details.  Presumably any
Cree influence antedated the present reserve situations.