FW: possessive constructions in siouan

"Alfred W. Tüting" ti at fa-kuan.muc.de
Fri Feb 11 15:09:27 UTC 2005

 > (Alan) After all the work on that Word doc for character-picking, I
found Richard Ishida's site, http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/pickers/
See especially the IPA and Latin+ pickers. They're beautifully done and
very easy to use (assuming your browser is Unicode-compliant). It's fun
to sit and plunk away at them. (Note the simplicity of making composite
characters--and the right-to-left text entry for Arabic and Hebrew.)
I've downloaded them onto my hard-drive, and they work fine that way
also, so you don't need to be on line. <<

It's done nicely, yet typing in a longer text, say in Lakota, is quite
cumbersome. I did it with some Yidish below, but am quite unsure whether
or not you will be able to read it under html encoding. It's from right
to left but after copy paste, this format is not at all sufficient
regarding right alignment. (I usually am using a script I wrote for Mac
SILKey which with regard to typing in longer texts is much more
comfortable. I also tried to do that for Dakota but for unknown reasons
failed in addressing the different special characters - maybe because
SILKey doesn't support Unicode?).

??????!

Alfred