Siouan/Caddoan linguistics conference--2005.

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Tue Feb 15 23:46:31 UTC 2005

Let me reiterate what I guess I wasn't totally clear
about before.  Our plans at present are to hold the
SCLC at the Kaw Tribal complex in Kaw City, Oklahoma on
June 17, 18 and the morning of the 19th.  (That's
Friday, Saturday and Sunday.)  We have not yet reserved
rooms in Ponca City, OK motels for this and will
announce it here on the list when we do.  If anything
catastrophic gets in the way (for example of the Conoco
Oil Co. books all the rooms in town that weekend), we
will also let everyone know immediately.  I'll post
when I have more.  There'll be a "Call for Papers"
later in the Spring, but, as usual, we'll only expect
some sort of title and info on how much time you'll
need, etc.

This was the weekend that seemed to be best for
everyone who responded.  We hope that this will be the
weekend that the Osages skip in their dance schedule.
That way, any of them who wish may attend our meetings
and any linguists wishing to attend one or more of the
Osages dances on adjacent weekends may plan to come for
the SCLC a week early or late and see the dancing too

More later as things develop..