2005 Siouan-Caddoan Languages and Linguistics Conference.

Kathleen Shea kdshea at ku.edu
Tue Jan 18 04:05:27 UTC 2005

I will be teaching a summer school course at KU ("Structure of
Ponca"--anyone interested in enrolling?) the month of June.  Our department
put me down for a condensed period of 2 hours a day, 5 days a week in June,
rather than having me teach the course over the usual 2 months of June and
July of summer school, so I don't think that I can miss even one day of
classes.  I would prefer the weekend of May 20, 21, and 22.  The Poncas have
a lot going on on the following, Memorial Day weekend that would preclude
most Poncas from attending I think, and, as David points out, that's a bad
time to travel.  The first weekend in July would also be fine for me.  I
understand, though, that people attending the conference might want to look
on at some of the Osage dances in June (where, if I'm not wrong, most of the
singers and many of the dancers participating will be Poncas).  There's my
two-cents' worth, but I don't want everyone to have to plan around me, even
though  I would very much like to attend the SACC.

Kathy