Algonquian ( or ther group?) term for White Buffalo Calf Woman?

Shannon West shanwest at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 21 21:15:16 UTC 2005

Koontz John E wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, R. Rankin wrote:
>

>>Is there an Algonquian listserv out there anywhere?
>>

>Shannon West has one, but I think it is inactive.  My experience is that
>to start one of these things you need to go out and draft people fairly
>vigorously.  It's probably not necessary to be quite as officiously chatty
>after that as I am, but occasional kick(re)starting is necessary.  Also,
>some sort of gentle control over the discussion has to be exerted to avoid
>some of the pitfalls, like, uh, well, wandering off too far (not yet, I
>hope) into folklore or politics, or allowing monomaniacs (other than
>oneself) to seize the soapbox and defend the Turko-Siouan connection or
>Maddocism viciously against all comers.

This is all true. I have one, and it's inactive. I don't even know if it
works anymore, since I had it on UVic servers, and I've since graduated.
But it's been into the years category since anyone has posted.

If people are interested in it again, I'd be willing to get it going.
Email me if you're interested. If I get 5 replies, I'll start 'er up. :)

And it's the Ugric-Siouan connection! ;)

Shannon - coloured silly by headache.