Assiniboine and Stoney.

lcumberl at indiana.edu lcumberl at indiana.edu
Mon Jan 24 19:12:48 UTC 2005

Quoting cstelfer at ucalgary.ca:

Corey,

Is there an analysis of stress patterns in Stoney somewhere? I've been trying to
work it out for Assiniboine and I'm finding it maddenly complex. Shaw's 1985
article in the IJAL doesn't seem to apply, so I'm wondering if there's something
published on Stoney that might shed some light on Asb.

Linda

> I guess I should always distinguish between South Stoney (Morley, Eden
> Valley and Big Horn reserves) and North Stoney (Alexis and Paul bands).
. . .
>  Both groups have innovative stress patterns that differ somewhat from
> Assiniboine and Dakota, and from each other.  . . .However the North Stoneys
also have a more innovative stress