Dances with Wolves.

Pamela Munro munro at ucla.edu
Fri Jan 21 23:21:26 UTC 2005

I guess I'll throw in my story on this.

My dear departed Lakhota teacher Hannah Left Hand Bull Fixico worked
with Kevin C. in Hollywood on the editing of the movie, an experience
that deeply impressed her (she sat with him and told him when it would
make sense to cut, etc.) -- he was very polite and deferential to her,
and she just loved him.

But when we sat down on one occasion with the video and tried to make a
transcript of one of the Lakhota conversations (among non-native
speakers), she was so dismayed by the quality of the Lakhota -- when it
came to writing it down word for word, rather than just letting it flow
along -- that she became very uncomfortable and didn't want to continue.
She would not, I think, have given as high a grade as B+...

Pam

--
----
Pamela Munro