WINN TERM "FRENCH"

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Mon Jun 6 01:06:36 UTC 2005

Pondering this further, all I've come up with is this.

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Jimm GoodTracks wrote:
> French  =  Djimo  xgemena
        Ferenchiman

But that involves very awkward etymological assumptions, like arbitrary
loss of the initial sequence and unaccounted for final material.

I urge folks not to take this seriously!  I've only offered it because I
can't come up with anything better.  I got to wondering what Winnebago,
which does borrow fairly freely, would make of the various relevant
European terms for French, which come down to French and Francais.