CONFERENCE

Jimm GoodTracks goodtracks at gbronline.com
Mon Jun 20 16:02:34 UTC 2005

Ho! Wíbtha han!
Thanks for a very nice conference.  It was good to see, visit everyone and
make new acquaintances.  It was a nice balance of technical papers and
community grass roots efforts as shared by Justin McBride, Kaw Language
Culture Committee and Ardena Moore, individual volunteered Khápha Ie
(Quapaw) teacher from Miami, OK.  It was also encouraging to hear various
one speak in Wazhazhe at the Hominy Osage Ilonska Dances, as they addressed
the Ilonshka Zani and in prayers in the Drum Keeper's feast and dinners.

For my part, I appreciate everyone and the Kanza Cultural Committee for
their arrangements, facilities, hospitality and support for their community
language efforts, which hopefully will be a role model to other local tribal
communities.

I pray that I will be able to provide a more substantial contribution for
the next conference, and providence will allow funds to travel to the
tentative location.
Jimm