Langacker

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 23 13:56:59 UTC 2005

To answer a question raised at the Siouan and Caddoan Conference by Mary
Marino, my source for information on Uto-Aztecan absolutive marking was:

Ronald W. Langacker.  1977.  An Overview of Uto-Aztecan Grammar.  Studies
in Uto-Aztecan Grammar, Vol. 1.  SIL.  ISBN 0-88312-070-4.

It would be wonderful to have something comparable for the Siouan
languages, though it might be overkill for such a small language family.
I think it would take a committee of Randy Graczyk or John Boyle and Bob
Rankin to produce it!

On reflection, I suppose it would be fair to say, too, "or just Hugh
Matthews with time on his hands."