Comparative Grammar workshop

Catherine Rudin carudin1 at wsc.edu
Fri Jun 24 15:09:08 UTC 2005

I hereby nominate Bob and John B for the program committee,and  David and John K. for local arrangements committee (assuming we decide to do this in Boulder and not, say, tack it onto the Billings S&CC meeting).  How's that for not taking on any responsibility myself?

I agree with just about everything that's been said, including
-importance of reasonably theory-neutral description
-focus on morphology (which Siouan, for better or worse, has lots of)
-need to include syntax too; e.g. constituent order, coordination, incorporation, focusing/topicalizing mechanisms, etc.
-desirability of an organized approach, with topics planned in advance, leading to a publication of some sort to make results available.

Any thoughts on time frame?
Catherine