Biloxi phonology paper

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 18:30:08 UTC 2005

Hi all:

As many of you are already aware, I was scheduled to attend the Siouan conference last weekend, but had to cancel at the last minute due to sudden car repairs and budgetary constraints.  I did, however, manage to email a copy of the paper to Justin and, with his much appreciated help, it was available at the conference in my absence.  The paper was entitled, "A Re-Analysis of the Dorsey-Swanton U-Circumflex and U-Breve in Biloxi."  If anyone did not get a copy of this at the conference who would like one, let me know and I'll be happy to forward it to you.

I think the Comparative Siouan idea is great, and, as I'm just beginning work on Biloxi, it would be invaluable to me.  I'm not going to guarantee attendance at a special conference anytime soon (in light of having to cancel out on the last one), but any help I can be in putting together Biloxi material I'll be glad to do.  I am currently working on updating and revamping the dictionary and putting together at least the outline of a new grammar, so hopefully I'll have things available when the time comes.

Thanks,
Dave