Comparative Grammar Workshop

Dr. Johannes Helmbrecht johannes.helmbrecht at uni-erfurt.de
Tue Jun 28 08:26:17 UTC 2005

Dear Siouanists,

I am very excited about the idea of a comparative grammar workshop that
emerged on this list. I would profit enormously from such a workshop in
my descriptive work on Hocank (Winnebago). In return, I would be very
happy to be able to bring in the Hocank perspective. If I could embed my
grammatical analyses (no matter which topic specifically) of Hocank in a
broader Siouan environment others might benefit from this too. I am
happily ready to volunteer for a topic. Currently, I am working more in
the field of Hocank syntax, but morphology or phonology would be fine
too. The location of the workshop does not really matter for me - all
ways are approximately the same from Germany. It would, however, helpful
if the time and location would be clear some months in advance so that
I'll have the chance to apply for money at the german research
foundation or other institutions.

Johannes

--
PD Dr. Johannes Helmbrecht
Universität Erfurt - Philosophische Fakultät
E-mail:johannes.helmbrecht at uni-erfurt.de
http://www.uni-erfurt.de/sprachwissenschaft/index.htm