Comparative Grammar workshop

ROOD DAVID S rood at spot.Colorado.EDU
Tue Jun 28 16:29:50 UTC 2005

I guess I must be in adminstrative mode, since I'm acting dept chair this
summer.  Is someone (e.g. Bob or John B.) keeping track of all the people
who have said they want to be included and/or volunteer to do "chapters"?
Yes, it could be reconstructed later, but it'd be a lot easier to do it
now.  Volunteer "secretary"?

I would like to do a "chapter", too, as assigned.  In my old-fashioned
way, however, I would still like to see a "book" come out of this, too,
not just on-line availability.  Given my track record with the CSD, you
might not trust me to be the "editor", but I have just successfully
completed co-editing the proceedings from our May 2003 conference here,
and I'm working with a couple of others on the proceedings of the recent
DoBeS conference in Nijmegen.  But I would be willing to undertake this,
along with Justin and/or others.

	Before that, however, we do have to have a list of topics,
assignments, and a date and place to meet.  Personally, I think having
this "be" the SCLC next summer is less desireable than making it something
separate.
	Best,
	David

David S. Rood