Comparative Grammar workshop

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Tue Jun 28 15:13:03 UTC 2005

>I like Bob's suggestion that the comparative workshop
>would be the content of
> the next Siouan Conference.  Perhaps we could set
> aside a few hours for local
> Crow input on language revitalization, etc.

Very definitely, and there would also probably be a few
off-topic papers and/or Caddoan talks that we would
certainly want to welcome.  I'd guess it would just
mean adding a day or two to the regular SCLC.

As for Justin's comments about fonts, I hope folks will
look at all sorts of them.  There must be many
possibilities out there, and I'd love to get advice on
the best one to use.  There are several symbols that I
have found to be a problem in many otherwise excellent
fonts (like Times New Roman).  We need a j-hacek, an
o-ogonek (the subscript hook) and a glottal stop
(something besides question-mark or 7).  Those are
primary requirements.  Beyond that, it might be nice to
have the array of Dorsey, Riggs and Buechel characters
for citations, plus pharyngeals for Stoney.