Dictionary update

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 19:28:42 UTC 2005

Bob & John,

Just FYI--the Biloxi-English portion of the revised dictionary is basically done, but I do emphasize the word "basically."  There is of course more tweeking and tinkering to do as more discoveries are made and cognates found.  I have also not put in all of the affixes as those still need to be ironed out in conjunction with a future revised grammar.  But at least it is basically easier to use I think than Dorsey's original.  I have not added the references yet to the D-S dictionary, which I will do over time.  (I'm not sure yet about including the actual D-S word or just the page and column reference numbers in the D-S dictionary.)

If either or both of you would like a copy for your comparative files or whatever, I'll be more than happy to send it along as an email attachment.  I can do the same once I have the English-Biloxi portion done as well, which I'll be begin working on soon.

BTW Bob, are you willing to share what you have done so far on your revised Ofo dictionary?

Dave

http://mail.yahoo.com