Siouan Conference Proceedings

Justin McBride jmcbride at kawnation.com
Wed Oct 5 13:11:07 UTC 2005

Ho, zaaniN.

Yesterday I received an email message from a book company asking us if we were interested in possibly publishing the proceedings of the Siouan conference from a few months ago.  I personally don't care one way or the other, and Dr. Rankin says he's probably a little too busy.  But he suggested I forward the message to the list.  If there's a consensus on this from all the presenters, I suppose we all could brush up our papers and put a little proposal together.  I've included the message below.  Just let me know what you think, on or off board.

WiblahaN.

Justin T. McBride
Language Director & acting Webmaster
Kaw Nation
Drawer 50
Kaw City, OK  74641
PH (580) 269-2552 ext 241
FX (580) 269-2204 attn Language/Web Dev
jmcbride at kawnation.com
www.kawnation.com/langhome.html

Dear Professor McBride,  (hee, hee, hee -jm)

I am writing to enquire whether you have any interest in submitting a
proposal for the publication (perhaps as an edited collection of essays) of
the proceedings for the 25th Annual Siouan and Caddoan Languages and
Linguistics Conference, which was held on 17th to 19th June 2005.

Cambridge Scholars Press is at the present expanding to include titles from
linguistics, and the areas covered in your conference are of direct interest.

Naturally, if you already have a publisher, or have no interest in
converting the proceedings into a publication, please accept my apologies
for this message.

Amanda Millar
Cambridge Scholars Press
www.CambridgeScholarsPress.com