Lakota word for "bubble" ?

shokooh Ingham shokoohbanou at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 15 14:26:27 UTC 2005

This is interesting.  It seems to be another case of
Lakota preferring verbs to nouns.  In my pouring over
Lakota texts, I don't think I ever saw a word
equivalent to 'a bubble', but lots of words meaning
'to bubble, foam' like those mentioned by Alfred
below.  I would be grateful if any Lakota knows the
old or new way to say 'I saw a bubble floating in the
air'.  It would solve a problem.  Other words for foam
are of course pig^a and thag^a or kathag^a.  Also I
remembber in the bible the storiy of the sick man by
the pool at Gethsemene (if I've got the location
right) when the word nas^kans^kan 'to move' was used
for the water bubbling up

Bruce