Is this a Lakota sentence?

Bruce Ingham bi1 at soas.ac.uk
Tue Sep 6 14:00:19 UTC 2005

Hi there
It looks as though it is intended to mean ³Little Brother go with good
fortune around the world  or all over the world² .  However I don¹t know
whether it is correct in Lakota or is a translation from another language
like English.  MisuN is the vocative use ³Oh Little Brother².  Oglu does
mean Œfortune, luck¹, although I have not seen it used often.  Makha Sitomni
or Makha sitomniyaN means Œall over the world¹.  The yalo part is slightly
odd.  If it means Œhe goes¹ one would expect yelo.  If it means ³go!². One
would expect yayo or iyayo.
Bruce