Is this a Lakota sentence?

cantemaza mckay020 at umn.edu
Wed Sep 7 20:40:39 UTC 2005

Just out of curiosity, who was it agin that asked Albert WhiteHat how to
tranlsate this?  Was it done orally or in written form like an e-mail or
something?
I'm asking because I do not see the "we" in the "we make things good."
This would be unhduwaste (Damakota do!) for we/you and I and not
ohduwaste which does by itself have the meaning of changing something
into the positive or haviong a positive effect on something/someone or
making something good.  If someone were to ask me (and they haven't plus
I am very young)  to translate "Younger brother, we make the world
better" I would say

"Misun, maka sitomniya unhduwaste ye/do."

Just my two cents.

Hehanyedan epe kte do.

-Cantemaza de miye do!