Is this a Lakota sentence?

"Alfred W. Tüting" ti at fa-kuan.muc.de
Tue Sep 6 15:52:45 UTC 2005

>  (...) The yalo part is slightly odd.  If it means ‘he goes’ one would
expect yelo.  If it means “go!”. One would expect yayo or iyayo. <<

Bruce,
I suspect that *yalo is influenced by American orthography (and should
be _yelo_ instead).
I remember watching the movie "Dances with Wolves" (Sunkmanitu tanka ob
waci) quite some times over the years: Initially, I was pretty impressed
by the Lakota sequences there... and later wasn't any longer e.g. for
the simple reason that most of the actors weren't even able to pronounce
this tiny Lakota word correctly: it came repeatedly as [yay'low] i.e.
with a heavy American accent and the stress on its 1st syllable :))

Do you think that a verb _yA_ is needed in this sentence?

BTW, if there really was a Lakota title (as given above) its translation
to English seems very knowledgeable, i.e. with reference to the plural
of wolf. (This is different with the German title "Der mit dem Wolf tanzt".)

Toksa ake

Alfred