Language contact

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Tue Aug 22 15:42:42 UTC 2006

Given history and location, we should probably look carefully at the Quapaw lexicon again too.  I think it is even more likely that they absorbed some additional French and possibly Mobilian vocabulary.

Glad to see /moNkapo/ thoroughly explained, as, in its Osage phonetic form, it would mean "my condom".    :-)

Bob