squash

A.W. Tüting ti at fa-kuan.muc.de
Tue Aug 29 08:09:47 UTC 2006

Shouldn't these - different from wagmu - be nasalized in Lakota:

pagmuN -> pagmuNpi (skein of yarn; anything twisted/rolled up by
pressure, e.g. with the hand
nagmuN - to twist itself (i.e. by inner force) as crisp/curled
bark/leather etc.
yugmuN - to twist with the hand, e.g. a string, tobacco (to roll a
cigarette?)

I think that nasalization in Lakota is not so stable, isn't it?

Alfred