concept of zero

shokooh Ingham shokoohbanou at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 13:48:48 UTC 2006

It is strange that the cho-la 'empty, without' and the
choka 'middle' are partly homophonous.  I have never
seen a connection suggested.  The 'without' term is
cho- or cho-la, where the -la is presumably the
diminutive which often means 'no more' 'enough' as in
henala 'only those' 'that is all' .  Comparative
Siouanists may be able to tell us more about the cho-
vs choka
Bruce