More on wachi

A.W. Tüting ti at fa-kuan.muc.de
Thu Jul 6 08:23:27 UTC 2006

breechcloth in Lakota is chegnáke (obviously from: ché - penis and
ognákA - to place in, cf. ognáke - a place to keep things in; also
ognágnakapi - a chest or smth to store things in).

Interestingly, there's also chegnákekitxuN and chegnákitxuN as a verb
with the meaning 'to put on/wear a breechcloth' which seems to be
related with OP z^e atigthoN etc., doesn't it?

Also, I wonder if L cheáktxuN - to make a bridge (cheáktxuNpi - bridge)
is related in some way.

Alfred