F.Y.I. Re: Pawnee Language Program

goodtracks at peoplepc.com goodtracks at peoplepc.com
Thu Jun 1 01:16:01 UTC 2006

I didn't want to be the one to comment.  It was enough to simply present it
as is, including errant justifications.  I may be mistaken but the director
is said to have studied or majored in linguistics.
It's another unfortunate example, as was presented for the Osage last year
from the "Inlonshka" Dances, when the community programs invent their "own"
orthography and resist education to change English applications for Native
language.  I may make comments from my own experiences, if I gather my
example documents and thoughts for a presentation.  But this weekend, it is
off to GreyHorse Iroshka Dances.
The list and conference rarely gets any material in regard to Caddoan
languages/ linguistics, so the information was offered here in lieu of
anything else, as applied linguistics in motion.