Titles, Mark 6

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 1 03:00:26 UTC 2006

Current List of Workshop Presentations

Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:15:32 -0600 (MDT)
From: Koontz John E <koontz at spot.colorado.edu>
To: Koontz John E <John.Koontz at Colorado.EDU>
Cc: Randolph Graczyk <Rgraczyk at aol.com>, Robert L. Rankin <rankin at ku.edu>,
     jpboyle at uchicago.edu, Linda Cumberland <lcumberl at indiana.edu>,
     Ardis R Eschenberg <ardisrachel at gmail.com>,
     Dr. Johannes Helmbrecht <johannes.helmbrecht at uni-erfurt.de>,
     shokoohbanou at yahoo.co.uk, Mary Marino <mary.marino at usask.ca>,
     pustetrm at yahoo.com, Carolyn Quintero <cqcqcq1 at earthlink.net>,
     Catherine Rudin <carudin1 at wsc.edu>, Sara Trechter <strechter at csuchico.edu>,
     shanwest at uvic.ca, Jim G. GoodTracks <GoodTracks at peoplepc.com>,
     Willem de Reuse <rwd0002 at unt.edu>, David Rood <rood at spot.colorado.edu>
Subject: Re: Titles, Mark 6

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Koontz John E wrote:

Remember:  Anything that anything that Randy needs to know in terms of
the conference and workshop per se needs to go to Randy, who is
organizing the conference, arranging schedules, etc.  I'm just
sticking my oar in to get everyone a list of topics.

As far as the Workshop and proposed "Siouan Languages" publication are
concerned, attendance without contribution or contribution without
attendance are both acceptable.  Details of the publication remain to be
determined, other than that it will be a work of linguistic scholarship
describing the general parameters of the modern Siouan languages.

There is no requirement that contributions be available at the meeting,
in early draft or otherwise.  Some people intend to distribute
questionaires, and this sounds like a very good idea to me.

It is intended that there would be no particular attempt to make the
material presented "accessible," i.e., it can be as linguistically
technical as desired.  That said, clarity is not exactly discouraged.

Papers:

Boyle, John.	       Relative clauses, recursion, and clause junction.
Cumberland, Linda.     Motion Verbs.
Graczyk, Randy.        Clause Chaining.
Helmbrecht, Johannes.  Applicatives:  Locatives and Datives.
Ingham, Bruce.*        T-Words.  (To be delivered at the SCLC.)
Koontz, John.          Personal Pronominal Elements.
Koontz, John.          Pluralization.  (To be delivered at SCLC.)
Pustet, Regina.*       Oblique Case Marking in Siouan Languages (Postpositions).
Quintero, Carolyn.     Positionals with Nouns:  Dhegiha Data.
Rankin, Robert.        The Siouan Verb Prefix Template.
Reuse, Willem de.*     Compounding.  Very early draft may be available.
Trechter, Sara.        Markers of Illocutionary Force.

* = Unable to attend in person.

Less Concrete Plans for the Present:

Rood, David.**         Subordination types in Siouan.
Rudin, Catherine.**    Coordination and Juxtaposition.

** = Unable to attend in person, and may not be able to prepare a paper
     any time soon.

No Information Yet:

Eschenberg, Ardis.     ???
Marino, Mary.          ???