2006 SCLC: Announcement and Call for Papers

Kathleen Shea kdshea at ku.edu
Mon Jun 12 04:26:41 UTC 2006

Hi, Randy,

I regret to say that I will not be able to attend this year's SCLC.  I'm facing an end-of-August graduate school deadline for finishing my dissertation, and I'm still getting "back to normal" after the loss of my brother and mother, both of whom died last January (on different dates).  I will really miss seeing everyone, exchanging ideas, hearing what the Crow teachers have to say about the use of the Crow language in their schools, and visiting the beautiful land of the Crow Nation once again.  If this year's conference is anything like the last SCLC you planned in Billings and Pryor, it should be splendid!  I would appreciate it if someone could save me a copy of the handouts and papers if that's not too much trouble.  Thanks!

Kathy