Awicakeya, le oie tokiyatanhan hiyu ca slolye wacanmi yelo!

shokooh Ingham shokoohbanou at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 13:09:56 UTC 2006

Dear Clive
Nice to find another Lakota enthusiast.  I had better
reply before anyone else does.  The word you mentioned
Itooicacu which i have in the dictionary I have from
Buechel, but I must say that I almost didn't include
it in the dictionary.  Initially when I strted
compiling the dictionary, I only put a word in If I
could be sure of its derivation.  Later however I
began to think that in a dictionary "the more the
merrier", also who was I to judge if a word was
genuine or not.  So it went in, but I was never very
confident about it and since then I have never managed
to elicit it from anyone as a word for camera.  The
word I did get was iteicu, the derivation of wich is
plain.  Possibly the first word should be iteoicacu or
iteoicu.  I really am not sure.  It may as you say be
a legendary self perpetuating typo.   Anyway welcome
to the club

Bruce