Unicode Siouan fonts.

Bryan Gordon linguista at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 16:58:22 UTC 2006

As it's nice to have some non-SIL fonts available from time to time, I do
recommend still taking a look at the Aboriginal Serif, Aboriginal Sans
Serif, and AbRomanSerif fonts at www.languagegeek.com. (They're all free, so
I'm not sure why it's a .com site.) They have all the Siouan or phonetic
fonts you'll ever need, plus the site has a handy-dandy Siouan keyboard for
Keyman which I use regularly. The fonts sometimes look a bit grainy in Word,
but they print out crisp and clean and very nicely spaced (e.g., the IPA esh
and ezh symbols do not stick out like giant out-of-place and
out-of-alignment monsters). AbRomanSerif looks almost exactly like Times New
Roman in print, which is handy when you have very picky readers whose font
specifications you have to meet.

- Bryan