Polymaths, etc.

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Mon Jun 26 22:03:29 UTC 2006

I have to problem with letters in Dakotan or other Siouan languages on
this list, but for the sake of those of us who are monomaths amd/or
monomaniacs I'd like to request that the exotic languages of Europe and
the discussion of them for their own sake (e.g., of English dialectology
beyond pronunciation of relevant names) fade somewhat into the background.
By all means continue with them off list!

This sort of wandering off the track is about par on this list, and I
always expect it about this time of the year, but please remember that
this is a Siouan linguistics list.

John E. Koontz
http://spot.colorado.edu/~koontz