HEYOKA

goodtracks at peoplepc.com goodtracks at peoplepc.com
Wed Mar 15 22:33:25 UTC 2006

Yes, I understand what you say, and I have heard from Elders in the same
manner.
However, my question is not about them nor what they do, just the origin of
the word and if there was anything similar with other Siouan groups.  I have
not heard of their existance on the southern plains.  On the other hand, I
have heard individuals (not Lakota) to state that they have either had
similar experiences or at least, they think they do.