General Abizaid

shokooh Ingham shokoohbanou at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 12 10:23:38 UTC 2006

In fact in older times as John says Syrian generally
meant Middle eastern.  There is a Christian scholar of
early Christian, Pre Islamic times known as 'Isaac the
Syrian'  in Arabic 'Ishaq al Qatari' who in fact came
from Qatar the home of Jazira Television, but may have
been writing in Iraq, I think
Bruce