Dakotan T-words and there equivalents in Siouan

Justin McBride jmcbride at kawnation.com
Mon May 1 14:39:19 UTC 2006

Ho, zaaníN,

Last week I had some problems receiving Dr. Rankin's Unicode Kaw spellings
to the T-word questions.  Instead of the nasal hooks and stress marks on
the vowels, I got a seemingly random mix of question marks and unmarked
vowels.  I couldn't say for sure if it was just me, since we were actually
having some other problems with our @kawnation.com email server at the time.
But, of course, I was worried that it may not have come through on someone
else's machine.  Just in case it didn't, I ran through his wordlist and
converted it to plain text.  Over the weekend I got his permission to post
the plain text version to the Siouan List.

Enjoy!
-jm

---------------------------------

hw[be, be?