Need help with name.

Mark J Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu May 11 12:48:02 UTC 2006

You are referring to Andy Thundercloud
Wisconsin Winnebago relocated to Nebraska. He served as a medic in Vietnam
and got into the health field at Winnebago, NE. He left for awhile... at a
time where there were many Winnebago-speaking elders on the street. When
he returned to visit a few years ago he noticed zero-to-none surviving
speakers in Winnebago. The Council requested his assistance at
spearheading a massive language revitalization effort spanning preschool
through Tribal College.

I do not know of his current status.

I would suggest calling Little Priest Tribal College and inquiring.
402-878-2380
P.O.Box 270
Winnebago, NE 68071

Regards,
Mark Awakuni-Swetland

UmoNhoN ie thethudi
Omaha Language Spoken Here

"Rankin, Robert L" <rankin at ku.edu>
Sent by: owner-siouan at lists.colorado.edu
05/10/2006 03:59 PM
Please respond to
siouan at lists.colorado.edu

<siouan at lists.colorado.edu>
cc

Subject
Need help with name.

Can someone on the list remind me of the name of the gentleman from the
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska who gave the talk at the 2004 Siouan
Conference at Wayne State College?  I was impressed with the talk, but I'm
terrible with names, and his name doesn't appear on the printed program
that I have.  I can't recall if he taught at Little Priest College or in
the school system there.