workshop paper

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 17:40:42 UTC 2006

Bob,

  I'm not sure if you have an attachment here, although it looks like it.  I'm not able to open it though.  ??

  Dave

"Rankin, Robert L" <rankin at ku.edu> wrote:
  John,

The other workshop topic you mentioned for me besides the template comparisons was the Active/Stative split. I'd be happy to discuss the topic at the meeting, but the paper itself consists of just the paper I did on that topic several years back for SCLC and later SSILA plus the paper on the same split in OVS that I did for the Wayne meeting two Summers ago. Those 2 together cover most of Siouan, and I haven't gotten additional data on the topic from Chiwere, Hidatsa or Mandan to clarify things further. I'll add those languages when this all gets published sooner or later.

My main research for this workshop is the template.

Why don't you send out a note to all the folks with some linguistics announcing the topics? I think divorcing future workshops from the SCLC will take care of most of the difficulties, but several of us didn't have time or $$$ to handle two trips this round.