2006 SCLC

Dr. Johannes Helmbrecht johannes.helmbrecht at Uni-Erfurt.de
Tue May 9 07:33:52 UTC 2006

Dear Randy,

my name is Johannes Helmbrecht, and currently I am assistant professor
at the linguistic department of the University of Erfurt, Germany. One
of my main research areas is the Hocank (Winnebago) language. This year,
I plan to attend the Siouan and cadoan Linguistics Conference and in
particular the Workshop on Comparative Siouan Grammar. I will present a
paper on this workshop with the title "Applicatives in Siouan
languages", but not on the SCLC. I need some help with regard to the
organization of my trip to Billings,MT.

First of all, I need an accomodation for the time, I will be in Billings
and I would like to ask you to make a reservation in the Rimview Hall
you mentioned in your mail. Could you arrange this? I arrive in Billings
on Thursday, June 15 at 10:22pm in the night and I will leave on
Wednesday June, 21 in the afternoon after the Comparative Siouan Grammar
Workshop. Secondly, since I will arrive pretty late on Thursday, I would
like to ask you if it is possible to get picked up from the airport on
Thursday night?

A third question. I collect data on applicatives (corresponding to
Hocank a-, o-, i-, and gi- REC/DAT applicative) in Siouan languages. Do
you have more up to date information on these grammatical forms in
Hidatsa/ Crow than Matthews (1965) and Lowie (1941)?

Best,
Johannes

--
PD Dr. Johannes Helmbrecht
Universität Erfurt - Philosophische Fakultät
johannes.helmbrecht at uni-erfurt.de
http://www.uni-erfurt.de/sprachwissenschaft/index.htm