Palu'e - Siouan Parallel

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Fri Oct 27 20:07:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 goodtracks at peoplepc.com wrote:
> This discussion by Mark Donohoe is interesting and begins to offer some
> explaination. However, it is short of offering how the term, as is
> (waNda/ waNwaNda) could be conjugated.

I should probably clarify that this Palu'e : Siouan parallel isn't really
intended to have anything to do with Jimm's waNda question.  In fact, even
the reference to the IO verb a...da 'to see' is a coincidence.  I had put
this note together before Jimm's request came in, picking a...da because
PS *a...ta also starts with a dental (like Palu'e tusu) and also
syncopates.  It didn't dawn on me that it might seem like part of waNda
thread until Jimm remarked on it!