an Osage Imaha

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Fri Aug 17 16:57:31 UTC 2007

I can't make head or tail out of Emam8eta, but it doesn't look very Siouan at all.  And several of the villages in that area are clearly not Siouan villages.  A couple of those early maps include the Tunican name papicaha/pacaha and a variant of Coroa.  I don't have the impression that the Osages were generally that far SE.  (But a person can go nuts trying to figure out those early maps!)

Bob