3 Osage Names

Carolyn Quintero cqcqcq1 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 7 15:07:10 UTC 2007

Grétomih: A recent version of this name (Gretomih) is letóNwiN 'hawk woman'
which was the name of Mrs. Holding who was one of the major sources for the
Osage dictionary information.

Not sure about the other ones, perhaps in the tribal museum there is a
collection of names and one could find alternative spellings that could shed
some light on this, by providing a clue as to what sounds are meant by this
spelling.

If the inquirer (Billy or Killian) wants to contact me off-list I can
speculate (make some wild guesses) on the other two names. HYPERLINK
"mailto:cquintero at interlinguainc.com"cquintero at interlinguainc.com

Carolyn

Carolyn Quintero, PhD

Inter Lingua, Inc.