Siouan ki- 'become (again)', 'return to'

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Fri Dec 14 03:54:36 UTC 2007

Randy,

That's really useful because it shows that chi- is in a prefix series preceding the instrumental prefix series.  This sort of thing has been very hard to determine in the other language since 'vertitive' never co-occurred with an instrumental prefix (Crow dak- in this instance).  Thanks!  If chi-/hchi- is an extension of common Siouan 'vertitive', the Crow data answer a bunch of questions.

Bob