J.O. Dorsey on Siouan "Onomatopes"(1892)-[Pt.2]

Clive Bloomfield cbloom at ozemail.com.au
Sat Dec 8 07:53:45 UTC 2007

Hello Alan, A fellow Classicist-Lakotanist? Yes indeed, I thought it
was rather singular, although one sees clearly what is meant.
I suspect J.O.D. may have coined a neologism there - haven't checked
Webster or the OED yet, for the term's first appearance in English.

"pharmacopeia'--->"pharmacope"(??);

"mythopoiea"-->"mythope"(??);

"epopoieia"-->"epope"(??)

Hmm - maybe not, eh?

Oh well, "se non è vero, è ben trovato", no?

regards,

Clive B.