Any reference terms for frozen hide?

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Thu Feb 8 15:42:37 UTC 2007

Bill,

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help with this one.  Nothing in my files from Kansa or Quapaw.  Unfortunately most linguists don't collect a whole lot of specialized vocabulary -- and we should.  I fear a lot of the detailed terminology of traditional practices may be gone forever.  I'll be interested to see if anyone else has something for this.

Bob Rankin