Any reference terms for frozen hide?

Billy Maxwell bmaxwell at mt.net
Sun Feb 11 08:04:18 UTC 2007

Jim,
Thank you for that heads up! Nothing was in Riggs either, but as you
said a switch in a prefix...
Your story is making me hungry for green eggs and ham. Must go rush
neighbor's Angus on to the ice of the Missouri
just out the door. Billy

Here is a more detail example of how to process works:
I (Billy Metcalf) softened two deer hides today that I brained and
freeze dried while we
were having a cold spell.  When I thawed them they were completely dry,
then
they laid around my shop for a couple of weeks.  They were white and
pretty
flexible.  Yesterday I misted them real good with a spray bottle then
put
them in a plastic bag over night. Today I pulled them over a cable for
about
a half hour each then put them in frames and worked them some more to
make
them lay flat and get a little bigger.  All together I spent about an
hour
and a half softening them and they were done. Soft.
billymetcalf at telus.net