No subject

goodtracks at peoplepc.com goodtracks at peoplepc.com
Sat Jun 16 21:32:50 UTC 2007

Bob, John, Johannes, whoever:
Does the following gloss "....she makes me jealous for her" (female speaker)  seem to fit the English notion of "She makes me jealous."???  I believe that there was some past discussion on these kind of sentence contructions with intransitives & causitive suffixes.

Wáße irókunpi náha aré áma wáñi mínachi ñíthinhingihi ki,  Because she has all the good looking men all the time, she makes me jealous for/ of her.

ñíthin    =    jealous
ñíthinhi    =    cause one to be jealous
ñíthin + hin (I/ me)  + (for/ to)  +  hi  (causative suffix).

Thanking you in advance for your review(s)
Jimm