Biloxi update

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 16:41:50 UTC 2007

Hi all,

  Just wanted to update everyone on what I'm doing with Biloxi these days.  I'm working with Bob Rankin this semester in an Independent Study on "Focus and Topicalization in Biloxi," which also will deal somewhat with the apparent switch reference system, not as the main focus, but rather in conjunction with one of the topicalization (?) markers that is also used in the SR system.  I am analyzing several of the texts in this regard.

  I am switching to KU's Anthropology Dept. doctoral program this Fall, and it looks like I'll be able to use my revised Biloxi dictionary as an MA thesis over there.  So I continue to work on that as well.

  Also, if anyone missed it who's interested, my paper titled "A Reanalysis of the Dorsey-Swanton U-circumflex and U-breve in Biloxi" has been published and posted to the Kansas Working Papers in Linguistics (KWPL) accessible through the university web site.  It's the first paper in the newest edition.

  Dave