sunflower terms

Billy Maxwell bmaxwell at mt.net
Tue Nov 27 22:30:28 UTC 2007

Did you try Alma Snell?
She has her new Crow botany book out.

A Taste of Heritage: Crow Indian Recipes and Herbal Medicines
(Paperback)
by Alma Hogan Snell (Author) "Food is something I seem destined to care
about..." (more)
Key Phrases: Pretty Shield, Fort Belknap, Editor's Note (more...)
http://www.grannysstore.com/Nature_Wildlife/Alma_Hogan_Snell.htm

Sorry to not track your sunflower search that well.
Mandan for sunflower is [wąpé ósᵉrre] Cf. wąpé, sreh
sunflower plant is wąpé
Billy Maxwell