RE language

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Wed Nov 28 01:31:48 UTC 2007

For what it's worth, after several bad experiences being misquoted and/or misinterpreted by reporters, I have taken to drafting written answers to all the questions asked by each reporter and emailing my summary to them immediately after the interview.  I try to get it to them before their publishing deadline so that they can quote me precisely if they want to.  It's an old lawyers' trick. -- Write your briefs so that the judge can quote them without thinking for himself.

Bob